The ACCA Qualification Entry Requirements
Registration & Key Dates
Fees & Timetables
Free Quotes & Bookings
Attend Open Day
Passing your exams is a huge achievement, however in addition, a key component of the ACCA qualification is obtaining relevant practical experience. You will need to gain 3 years practical experience during or after your studies in order to obtain membership.
You will need to record and report your PER progress through the trainee development matrix (TDM). There is no time limit to gaining practical experience and obtaining the ACCA qualification.
You will need to achieve 13 of the performance objectives listed below. This must comprise of ALL 9 Essentials and 4 from 11 Options.
ESSENTIALS (all 9 to be completed)
Professionalism, ethics and governance
- Demonstrate the application of professional ethics, values and judgement.
- Contribute to the effective governance of an organisation.
- Raise awareness of non-financial risk.
- Manage Self.
- Communicate effectively.
- Use information and communications technology.
- Manage ongoing activities in your area of responsibility.
- Improve departmental performance.
- Manage an assignment.
OPTIONS (four to be completed)
Financial accounting and reporting
- Prepare financial statements for external purposes.
- Interpret financial transactions and financial statements.
Performance measurement and management accounting
- Prepare financial information for management.
- Contribute to budget planning and production.
- Monitor and control budgets.
Finance and financial management
- Evaluate potential business/investment opportunities and the required finance options.
- Manage cash using active cash management and treasury systems.
Audit and assurance
- Prepare for collect evidence for audit.
- Evaluate and report on audit.
- Evaluate and compute taxes payable.
- Assist with tax planning.