New to CIMA? Where to start
CIMA Qualification Structure
Case Study Methodology
Fees & Timetables
About Gateway Exams
Pass Your Gateway Exam 1st Time
Free Quotes & Bookings
Attend Open Day
The gateway route is a great way to fast track onto the CIMA Professional Qualification and earn the highly valued CGMA designation.
This fast track route enables eligible individuals to progress directly to the final level of the CIMA Professional Qualification (Strategic level), upon passing the CIMA Gateway Exam. The CIMA Gateway Exam is also known as the Management Case Study exam for those not on the accelerated route.
There are three possible paths within the gateway entry route:
- Master's Gateway route
Open to individuals who hold an MBA or Master's Degree in Accounting.
- Professional Gateway route
Open to members and passed finalists of professional bodies which are both:
- A member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and
- An examining body (e.g. ACCA, SAICA, etc.)
Management Accountant Gateway route
Open to members and passed finalists of these professional bodies:
- Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI).
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP).
Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB).
UNISA Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip) in Management Accounting route
Open to individuals who have completed the UNISA PG. Dip. in Management Accounting (what UNISA calls CTMA - Certificate in the Theory of Management Accounting). For more information, visit other UNISA qualifications and their entry route and/or exemption status with CIMA.
More info? Click here
How does the Gateway Exam work?
Eligible individuals are required to take the CIMA Gateway Exam (also known as the Management Level Case Study). The exam is:
- a computer based case study exam
- three hours long & available every February, May, August and November
- assesses knowledge and competencies covered in the Management level (E2/P2/F2) of the CIMA Professional Qualification.