Detailed FYLA Programme Structure FYLA 3-6 Year Schematic
Competitive Mindset Pillar
E. Leadership Mindset Pillar
The FYLA 6 Levels
FYLA Programme Accreditation
FYLA Admission Requirements
FYLA Key Dates & Timelines
Tuition Fees & Payment Structure
FYLA Scholarship Challenge
Bursaries & Financial Aid Scheme
Sponsor or Get Involved!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Competitive Mindset Pillar
In an increasingly Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) global market place, your journey to the top will entail competition for limited scholarships, for scarce budget resources and/or promotion prospects, or you will have to defend or acquire market share from fierce national or international rivals. From a very young age, this pillar sets you apart by equipping you with the emotional intelligence, resilience, confidence and winning mentality; the strategic agility and tactical discipline to conquer as well as the tenacity to bounce back from adversity -traits that are vital to building your competitive mindset!
During the programme, we use executive coaching techniques, case studies and new venture business plan competitions to hone your competitive skill. The key modular themes include:
- Growth learning skills (fast, deep and continuous learning)
- Personal skills (self awareness, stress management & problem solving)
- Interpersonal skills (coaching & counseling, gaining power and influence, managing others, managing conflict, etc.)
- Group skills (empowerment, delegation, team work & leading change)
- Communication skills (Oral and written presentations/toastmasters, meetings and interviews)
- On campus/work readiness/internship/job search skills
- Desktop skills (Windows, Ms Office -Excel, Powerpoint, Pastel)
- Competition skills (Business plan and case study competitions).
The programme will draw from The CFO and the work of our Case Study Center and other partners, to instill a highly competitive mindset in our students by actively organising and sponsoring their participation at other global case study competitions such as:
- Global Case Competition
- McGill Management International Case Competition
- The Global Business Case Study Competition
- The CBS Case Competition
- Thammasat Undergraduate Business Challenge
- Marshall International Case Competition
- International Graduate Competition (IGC),
Click here to see more case study competitions.