About IIA & CIA
The CIA Qualification Eligibility Requirements
Fees & Timetables
Free Quotes & Bookings
Attend Open Day
CIA candidates must hold a 3- or 4-year post-secondary degree (or higher).
- Copy of your degree or official transcripts (If your name has changed since you earned your degree, you must also include your legal name change document.)
- Letter from university confirming degree
- Letter from evaluation services confirming degree level
Alternatively, candidates may now become eligible for the CIA, subject to approval, who possess:
- Two years post-secondary education and five years verified experience in internal audit or its equivalent, OR
- Seven years verified experience in internal audit or its equivalent.
CIA candidates with a 4 year post secondary degree must obtain a minimum of 24 months of internal auditing experience or its equivalent. A Masters degree can substitute for 12 of the required 24 months. A completed Experience Verification Form is also required. Candidates may apply to the program and sit for the exam prior to satisfying the professional experience requirement, but will not be certified until all program requirements have been met.
For more information on eligibility, click here